Family is viewed as the single most important influence in a child’s life. From their first moments of life, children depend on parents and family to protect them and provide for their needs. Parents and family form a child’s first relationships.
Family plays an important role in our emotional, physical and spiritual development since each individual in the family system impacts and is impacted by the others.
Family therapy can be helpful to:
- Resolve a specific issue or crisis in the family
- Prepare the family for a major life change such as a divorce or remarriage
- Address the role that family plays in an individual’s life
Depending on the unique needs and goals of the family, different combinations of family members may participate in each therapy session.
I may give family members assignments to begin addressing some of the challenges identified during therapy.
What are the benefits of Family Therapy?
Evaluating issues in family therapy can help an individual:
- Understand how their family functions
- Identify strengths and weaknesses within the family system
- Set goals and develop strategies to resolve challenges
- Improve communication skills
- Make the entire family stronger